<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Sharing our Dysfunctional Lives Together 

My wife is one of the co-founders of the BC Stepparents Association. I rarely get to attend their monthly meeting, as I stay home with my sons. But this past week, I had the privilege of attending, and I was deeply moved by the meeting. People came and shared their triumphs and trials of trying to build a stepfamily on the rubble of a failed previous marriage. Some of the situations are very messy, involving hostile ex-spouses and lawyers. As each shared their story, punctuated with tears and laughter, others would offer their encouragement, support and advice. I wish our church meetings were more like this ...

Divorce is a terrible tragedy; it is a sin that has many repercussions, especially if children are involved. As the divorce rate continues to climb, even among Christians, I believe my wife's ministry will continue to be an important one. I definitely want to be more involved; it is an excellent opportunity to share the healing message of the Gospel with these broken people.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?