<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 07, 2003

Where is God in All This? 

Just read a book review in the current issue of The Walrus. The book is entitled Shake Hands with the Devil by Canadian Lt. General Roméo Dallaire, and is his retelling of the Rwandan genocide. The reviewer, Stephen Lewis, writes of his reaction after reading it: "It left me shaken, reeling, aghast, tormented." Lewis quotes Dallaire's cry of anguish after witnessing the horrific atrocities five days after the genocide erupted: "Where was God in all this horror? Where was God in the world's response?"These questions have haunted me as well as I reflect on the history of humankind. I'm not sure I've encountered a theodicy that truly answers all the questions; I doubt if I ever will.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?