<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Bearer of Bad news 

Well, the moment I've dreaded has finally arrived. Tonight we break the news of my diagnosis to the boys.

Well, their reaction was predicatable: they both broke down in tears. I spent some time with each one. The younger one had difficulty verbalizing his feelings. In the end, he could only hug me and sob repeatedly, "Dad, you can't go ...". My oldest boy, never one for loss of words, didn't manage much more, but he did say that he looked to me as the one that carried him through the turbulent years when his mom abandoned the marriage and the kids. Then after he calmed down, he declared that he had faith that God would heal me.

My God, please spare my life! My boys need me still!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?