<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Genuine Christian Love 

We have some Christian friends that we've only known for about 3 years, and whom we seldom see, since they live in Washington (Burlington and Seattle, to be percise). Anyhow, Phil, Mark and Becky drove in today to fellowship with us and to pray with us. Our conversation naturally gravitated towards spiritual matters, and then we shared a simple but satisfying lunch together.

Afterwards, they prayed for me with such sincerity, faith, and love that after the last "Amen", my eyes were moist, and my heart was so filled with gratitude for such loving Christians. They're not praying for me out of duty or to be pious, but because they truly loved me and cared for me. We shared some more laughs and our vision of church life and then all too soon, it was time for them to head back south of the border.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?