<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Ouch 

What a long day ...

Was in the hospital today from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. First they gave me another platelet transfusion (my 3rd one so far). Then they inserted the Hickman's catheter though my neck and into my right atrium. This will be the IV line for transfusions and drug delivery.

If you don't mind a bit of skin :) you can click here to see my catheter.

The insertion itself wasn't too bad; it only took about 15 minutes or so. They gave me local anethestics as well as antibiotics (just to guard against possible infections). Since I was breaking out in hives from the platelet transfusion, they gave me some Benadryl, which me very drowsy.

After that, they gave me a blood transfusion since my RBC count was around 86. I was sleeping most of the afternoon, but whenever I awoke, it was to a lot of pain on my right upper body. Every movement only made the pain worse. Finally, around 5 pm, I wimped out and accepted some Tylenol.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?