<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 07, 2004

Why, Lord, Why? 

Well, you never think that it will happen to you. Then it hits you. Recently, I noticed strange marks (like pin-point red rashes) and bruises on various parts of my body. As well, I've been getting flus and colds almost non-stop since Oct. 2003, a very unusual thing for me. The doctor ordered several blood tests, a chest X-ray and an ultra-sound for me. At work today, my wife called me and asked me if I could come home (this was around 2:00 pm); when I asked "Why?" she broke down in tears and told me that the doctor had called with the results of my blood tests. Basically, the tests indicated that I had pancytopenia, meaning that all my blood cell counts are low, because my bone marrow is not producing enough.

One immediately thinks leukemia or lymphoma (blood cancer). I thought of my precious wife, my two wonderful boys, and my sweet little daughter that we adopted 7 months ago. Why, Lord, why??


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?