<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

the days go by and the weeks rush on 

A friend's recent e-mail began: Just visited your websites for all the updates I've missed the last few days. Each week comes and goes so quickly it seems and I forget that during my business, other lives are changing as well, not just mine. ... I am somewhat surprised (happily) with your candour in this very personal and trying journey. I find your accounts interesting. Ironically I think I am more inspired by you guys than I can reciprocate.

Well, I'm not one to hide my feelings usually, so I never thought about my "candour" in blogging about my journey. But my friend is right about the weeks going by so quickly ... it brings to mind a poem I knew when I was younger; it begins like this:

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.

and ends thus:

Around the corner - yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir"
"[Paul] died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?